CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Finally

I successfully update BNS blog new look for this month of the year. I know we got bored with the same old thing. So here you go a new refreshing young look! I have been trying updating this blog quite recently. Still hoping some of the committees to be able to post something here. Pictures, articles or whatsoever. To any of you who wants to post something here, let me know via bruneinewcastlesociety@gmail.com

I really hope all of you will like it and contribute more. I am looking forward to hear from any of you.

Regards,
Bebs

Quotes of the day

Wednesday 18 February 2009

update from Brunei

I assume everyone in NCL knows there had been flash floods and landslides in Brunei due to the bad weather and all, so I just want to assur everyone that everything is alright.

before I begin, lemme just let u know who I am: Nina =D

As of today, there had been 4 unaccounted landslides, only two made it in the papers. One in Subok and on in Sg Tilong. In fact, quite near my house Spg 420-12. That got me worried actually, 'cause I know someone lives there...I think? Not yours, Mie? I hope not.

Last Saturday (6th February), two houses behind my own (spg 370-86) was also affected by a landslide. And Not an ordinary landslide. It was a slump (geographians, u know what I am talking about).

My two neighbours were asked to move out within the hour immediately as soon as the Fire Brigade came (while I was yelled at for being too close to the brink of the landslide).

Now, I am not telling you guys this for sympathy or anything, it is always for a good cause. Just letting u know this is really going on and maybe -just maybe- you have been left out in the dark about the reality the La Nina Phenomenon is causing Brunei.

In fact, it came to mind that this is what caused the weather drastics in UK as well. I heard London had a snow storm. Wales was snowing after 4 years. What about Newcastle? I haven't heard much. Has it been snowing heavily?

These are telltale signs. So be aware about the weather. Make sure you won't get snowed in or anything, Nau'zubillah. Do pray for Brunei's safety and for your families' safety. Let's hope this rainy season will cease as soon as possible.

Take care all, and have a good year. Stay alert and stay in touch. Missing you all always.

XOXO;
Nina K.

0 comments: